Community

To:
Subject:

AdBrite vs. Google

undersiege
Jan 21, 2008 (6 years 93 days ago) edited 6 years 93 days ago

United Kingdom GB
I think there was another similar discussion to what I'm about to say, but it dropped down a few pages so I thought I'd start a fresh one.

I've just added an AdBrite unit to my site. It's at the bottom right of the ussgames.com homepage. Now, I've set it up to use Google ads if they can't beat a certain cpm.

What I've noticed is the AdBrite ads seem less relevant, which must surely affect the click-through rate? I know I can approve ads myself, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to bother (if the site get's dead popular then I think I will start doing that).

Anyway, to cut to the chase, has anybody got any info on how click-throughs on AdBrite compare to click-throughs on Google? It seems to me that with Google's ultra-relevant ads that you should get a higher click-through rate and therefore more cash, even if the actual earnings per click are lower. Or am I missing some really important info here?

It's probably not even worth worrying about and I'm sure in a few weeks I'll have enough data to make the comparison myself, but I'm just interested in other people's thoughts on the subject.
  • Thankful People:

AdBrite vs. Google

DeviledMoon
Jan 21, 2008 (6 years 93 days ago)

Canada CA
AdBrite is what i like i think google are a bunch of A******* because i had their services before but they booted me for no reason at all
  • Thankful People:

AdBrite vs. Google

undersiege

United Kingdom GB
Fair enough, but a more objective opinion would be maybe more helpful.

Did they not even give you a reason?
  • Thankful People:

AdBrite vs. Google

Khanduras

United States US
Google doesn't need to give you a reason to cancel your account. A lot of people got kicked from Google due to their age - because some people can't read the fact that you need to be at least eighteen years of age to register for an account. Other people fail to follow the one simple rule Google has set forth to protect their publishers as well as their advertisers - DON'T CLICK YOUR OWN ADS.

AdBrite does NOT serve content-related advertisements. This is why it's possible by both programs' Terms of Service to run eachother side-by-side, which is exactly what I do. You should not compete with the two - instead, use them together. While AdBrite doesn't serve ads related to your sites content, they do have a very nice CPC in addition to the Google revenue you may or may not be generating.

AdBrite vs. Google

undersiege

United Kingdom GB
Thanks, Khanduras. The cool thing about AdBrite is the way they can display Google ads when they have none of their own to show - I like that option.

Is it against Google's Ts n Cs to use other content-related ad networks? I'll check it myself in a moment (got a feeling I'll have to read some small-print on their site).

They must have had some reason for kicking you off, 2dum2kno, surely. I suppose they don't have to tell you why.
  • Thankful People:

AdBrite vs. Google

undersiege

United Kingdom GB
Found the bit:

You further agree not to display on any Serviced Page any non-Google content-targeted advertisement(s)

What about those inline ads (although I hate them, personally) - don't they count as content-targeted?
  • Thankful People:

AdBrite vs. Google

Khanduras

United States US
They do count as content-targeted, however I see a lot of sites combining AdBrite in-line ads with Google as well. I'm not really sure about that, so I'd be a little cautious if deciding to do so - but I don't personally see why they would have an issue with it, as it isn't real competition for Google, which is why I think that exists in their Terms of Service in the first place.

If worse comes to worse, just email adsense-support@google.com, and they'll respond within a day or two telling you whether or not it'll be allowed. I've had to contact them a few times for several reasons, and they really provide some great information. Also, keeping in contact with them at the sign of anything fishy, as well as in the case of having any questions, tends to make them keep their eyes out for you.

Keeping yourself in good standing with Google is very important, so you should contact them whenever you can about stuff like this. They tend to keep note of people who really want to keep in good standings with them, and suddenly they become a lot more lenient when it comes to viewing your personal cases with them.
  • Thankful People:

AdBrite vs. Google

undersiege

United Kingdom GB
That makes sense.
  • Thankful People:
Back To The Forums