Community

To:
Subject:

Can i click my Mochiads?

respect
Aug 19, 2007 (6 years 241 days ago)

Can i click on MochiAds which are on my games if I want to check that thing on the ad out?
  • Thankful People:

Can i click my Mochiads?

adi4x

Romania RO
I've seen no information about this so i think is not a problem if you are curious and you try to follow some ads.
  • Thankful People:

Can i click my Mochiads?

styxtwo

Netherlands NL
i agree, but you probably shouldn't click it a million times or something else it might get a bit suspicious :P
  • Thankful People:

Can i click my Mochiads?

badim

Russian Federation RU
you also can`t click more then 1 click per 2 minutes. it`s inside mochiad restriction.
  • Thankful People:

Can i click my Mochiads?

asvegren

I'm not so sure about this. I have never seen an advertising network that allows publishers to click their own ads. It's quite un-ethical, especially if you see it from the advertiser's point of view.

So instead of taking an unnecessary risk, I make it a habit never to click any ads I display on my sites or in my games.
  • Thankful People:

Can i click my Mochiads?

Jol

United States US
Why does it matter? You don't get paid per click, you get paid per view.
  • Thankful People:

Can i click my Mochiads?

robotJAM

United Kingdom GB
some are pay per click
  • Thankful People:

Can i click my Mochiads?

Jol

United States US
Really? How do you set that up?
  • Thankful People:

Can i click my Mochiads?

robotJAM

United Kingdom GB
Its all random when they are served, i'm sure this is right, Bob has said some are PPC and some are Pay per Action as well as Pay per impression.
If it isn't I'm sure Bob will pop up and put me right.
  • Thankful People:

Can i click my Mochiads?

yrudoy

@ Asvegren

I have to disagree. If you get payed, say, 1$ for every thousand clicks, it would take 16 hours of clicking every minute to transfer 1$ from the advertizers to you. And t
hat means that nobody is going to accuse you of click frad if you click your own ads.
  • Thankful People:

Can i click my Mochiads?

bob

United States US
The ads we run currently are a mix of CPM (per view), CPC (per click), and CPA (per action, such as a download, registration, or sale). We often end up averaging this out and convert it to a variable CPM so that it's easier and more fair. So for the most part fraudulent clicking isn't going to make you any more money, since it gets averaged out for everyone... But it will definitely make it harder for us to keep the advertiser and in noticeable cases we will take action.

CPC is usually on the order of a few cents to a few dollars for each click, so click fraud is definitely a problem for most networks that run CPC.

Before your game is approved you can click all of the ads you want since they're just traffic share ads. After that you should really only click ads you're legitimately interested in.
  • Thankful People:

Can i click my Mochiads?

yrudoy
Aug 20, 2007 (6 years 240 days ago)

Oops.
I'm sorry - I take back everything I said. I was mixing rates for CPM an CPC
  • Thankful People:
Back To The Forums