Community

To:
Subject:

Can you use mochiads on movies

hashbrown
Aug 21, 2007 (6 years 247 days ago) edited 6 years 199 days ago

i was wondering if you are allowed to use mochiads in flash movies, not just games
  • Thankful People:

asvegren
Aug 21, 2007 (6 years 247 days ago)

Nope. According to JamesonH, it may happen in the future though.

Previous discussion
  • Thankful People:

kajenx
Aug 25, 2007 (6 years 243 days ago)

If they allowed them on movies I'm betting they'd get a lot more users.
  • Thankful People:

asvegren
Aug 25, 2007 (6 years 243 days ago)

Unfortunately movies have a much smaller market than games. Flash movies are generally seen on portals like Newgrounds and FlashPortal, but unlike Flash games that have a vast sea of smaller game sites in addition to those - there aren't really many sites dedicated to Flash movies.

At least that's my experience!
  • Thankful People:

Jol
Aug 26, 2007 (6 years 242 days ago) edited 6 years 242 days ago

United States US
Which is a pity, because a good movie can be way more enjoyable than a game, but it is hard to get paid for your work.

A good strategy is to put your video as an intro to a game, that way you can still pass it off as a game, and game sites will eat it up because a good intro to your game really sets up atmosphere.

stonecypher
Aug 28, 2007 (6 years 240 days ago)

The movie market is actually quite a bit bigger than the game market. Existing market data from m:metrics is quite clear on this point. Don't forget to account for not only places like YouTube, Google Video and so on, but revenue-sharing places like Metacafe, private-source video like yahoo groups and vimeo, and existing video advertising systems (which I won't name here since it would be rude.)

subsoap
Aug 28, 2007 (6 years 240 days ago)

The movie market is actually huge. We're talking anything that utilizes flash as a medium to present video, not just homemade animations made with flash.
  • Thankful People:

asvegren
Aug 29, 2007 (6 years 239 days ago)

Yes, but we're talking about the movie market that enables MochiAds. This eliminates YouTube, Google Video and Metacafe.

Jol

United States US
Yeah, I find it is harder to get a site to sponsor your video than your game.
  • Thankful People:

bob

United States US
The video, animation, and gaming markets are all very distinct. Our energies are focused on gaming because it's what we love and it's the market we know best. Even though our technology might work with other kinds of content, the other markets would need their own sets of publishers, features, ad sales, etc.

Jol

United States US
Would you know of any other organizations that sponsor videos? Like a MochiAds for videos? That would be great if I could get that kind of deal.
Back To The Forums