Community

To:
Subject:

Do I still need MochiBot?

Solid Games
Apr 18, 2011 (2 years 362 days ago)

I just added the Mochi Leaderboard to my new game and it seems to also give me access to the Mochi Analytics stats. Would there be any advantages to also add the MochiBot or would it give me the same infos as Mochi Analytics? Thanks!

• Thankful People:

nmz502
Apr 19, 2011 (2 years 362 days ago)

United States US

I don't see any point to using mochibot for analytics. Mochi Analytics seems to provide me with more info than mochibot.

• Thankful People:

colin

United States US

Originally posted by Solid Games Would there be any advantages to also add the MochiBot or would it give me the same infos as Mochi Analytics?

Mochi Analytics is a superior tracking system, and more importantly, it's actually maintained. MochiBot is legacy now and doesn't have support.

• Thankful People:

Rowkilla

Portugal PT

I like MochiBot for it's simplicity. It's only one line of code so no reason not to have both.

• Thankful People:

bob

United States US

Originally posted by Rowkilla I like MochiBot for it's simplicity. It's only one line of code so no reason not to have both.

MochiServices.connect is one line as well, which is all you need for Mochi Analytics (of course, you need the mochi API folder, but you probably already have that).

• Thankful People:

colin

United States US

Originally posted by Rowkilla I like MochiBot for it's simplicity

@Rowkilla- do you mean simplicity of implementation, the UI, or the actual statistics being tracked?

• Thankful People:

Rowkilla

Portugal PT

I meant the simplicity of the website not the implementation.

As soon as I log into MochiBot all the data is there in a very simple way. Shows me different graphs for the recent popular games, which games go up which go down, no ad revenue data to distract me.

Then each game link has the only thing I want when I go to MochiBot which is views data. No options, no numerous buttons just simple data.

Both MochiBot and Analytics do the same thing but personally I prefer MochiBot (although that doesn't mean I don't use Analytics for more complex reports) and will keep adding that one line of code to every game until you decide to take it down :)

egdcltd

United Kingdom GB

One thing I've used MochiBot for in the past, but haven't recently (basically due to laziness) is for tracking slightly different versions of the same game, say ones using different APIs, where creating a new version on MochiMedia really isn't justified.

Back To The Forums