Community

To:
Subject:

Warhell
May 22, 2008 (5 years 330 days ago) edited 5 years 330 days ago

United States US
So, I was brain storming some new game ideas, mostly on a multiplayer tower defense game where the object of the game is to lower your opponents lives to 0 by sending them enemies. If you have played desktop tower defense, Google it, it's basically the same premise but not only can you buy towers with your gold, but you can also send "creeps" aka enemies down your opponents path. So each player would have to consider a defensive and offensive strategy, do I send enemies using my gold or build towers? Here is the main layout of the game I have so far, it will have to be pretty big, 800x700(biggest newgrounds allows). Let me know what you guys think!

http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=multitowerqe0.swf

You would be able to see your opponents current status, and you will have the options of using your gold to build towers or send creeps. You would be able to play up to 3 other players, the way you send creeps would be the follow. Player 1 would automatically send any creeps he buys to player 2, player 2 would send to player 3, player 3 would send to player 4, and player 4 would send to palyer 1. If one of the players dies/loses, then those creeps would get sent to the next player in numerical order... ex. if player 2 dies, then player 1's creeps would go to player 3.

Any suggestion/comments are welcome!
  • Thankful People:

discipleoffred

United States US
Nice, it would be great if you had a team option too, so player one and two would send creeps against three and four. It reminds me of Wintermaul Wars, a custom map made for Warcraft Three, where you built towers with money and sent creeps like your ame. However, in Wintermaul Wars when you send a creep, 1/10 of the creep's price is added to your income which you get every round. Maybe that would wok better, since it gives you more reason to send creeps.
  • Thankful People:

NinjaCow
May 22, 2008 (5 years 330 days ago)

United States US
Yes, the 'income' strategy pioneered in WC3 Line Tower Wars would work well. If you could make this game, I would play it. Lag would be an issue, though, unless you somehow stopped people from sending hundreds of creeps.
  • Thankful People:

Warhell

United States US
Originally posted by discipleoffredNice, it would be great if you had a team option too, so player one and two would send creeps against three and four. It reminds me of Wintermaul Wars, a custom map made for Warcraft Three, where you built towers with money and sent creeps like your ame. However, in Wintermaul Wars when you send a creep, 1/10 of the creep's price is added to your income which you get every round. Maybe that would wok better, since it gives you more reason to send creeps.
That's were I actually got my idea from, I totally forgot the name. I definitely need to add income.

As far as the lag issue, I was planning on making it turn base, u have 30 seconds to build towers and set up the creep wave your going to send. This way, you can't send creeps while the wave is coming in.
  • Thankful People:

chris
May 22, 2008 (5 years 330 days ago)

New Zealand NZ
Yeah I reckon asynchronous multiplayer is the ticket here. Good idea man.
  • Thankful People:

xuanweng
May 23, 2008 (5 years 329 days ago)

Singapore SG
LOL. Its seems more like line tower wars to me. Just that this is a predefined path.

-Ron-
  • Thankful People:
Back To The Forums