Community

To:
Subject:

Free Coins when you download mochi toolbar

Edward H
Dec 17, 2010 (3 years 128 days ago)

United States US

I'm working on a coins game right now and noticed that something popped up offering me free coins if I downloaded and installed the toolbar. I clicked on it, and was brought to this page

It said the page isn't found

• Thankful People:

bob

United States US

Thank you for the report, we're currently investigating the problem. For now the campaign should be shut off, please let us know if you see this issue again.

• Thankful People:

bob

United States US

To help with our investigation, could you provide the MochiGames username you were using when you experienced this problem? Were you logged in at the time that you clicked the offer?

• Thankful People:

Edward H

United States US

@etlarue, yes logged into mochicoins

• Thankful People:

Razoric

United States US

i noticed this thing popped up on my games login widget today. seems kinda spammish and i don't want to encourage people to install junk on their browser. is there a way to keep it off our login widget?

• Thankful People:

rhu
Dec 18, 2010 (3 years 127 days ago)

United Kingdom GB

Do Mochi absorb the cost of free coins for a download of the Mochi toolbar?

Does seem spammy.

• Thankful People:

maupin

I associate toolbars with malware, and most people I know do as well.

• Thankful People:

bob

United States US

Originally posted by rhu Do Mochi absorb the cost of free coins for a download of the Mochi toolbar?

Yes, developers get paid when these coins are spent.

• Thankful People:
  • rhu

bob

United States US

Originally posted by maupin I associate toolbars with malware, and most people I know do as well.

Well hopefully these people won't install it unless they actually want to, there are plenty of other ways to get coins. Of course, our toolbars certainly aren't malware and don't do anything sketchy.

For every person who thinks toolbars are malware there's probably ten people who actually like them because they don't know like to use bookmarks or remember URLs. The Chrome extension version of our toolbar is actually quite nice, it's the only one I can actually tolerate myself. It is simply an icon on the browser toolbar and when you click it a miniature version of the MochiGames dashboard pops up.

• Thankful People:

maupin

Originally posted by bob For every person who thinks toolbars are malware there's probably ten people who actually like them because they don't know like to use bookmarks or remember URLs.

Actually, I think for every person who thinks toolbars are malware there are probably ten people who have 15 toolbars installed in their browser, don't know how to get rid of them, and are wondering why their computer is slow and frequently prone to popups.

I haven't looked at the Mochi toolbar and I'm sure it isn't malware... still, toolbars in general are shady.

• Thankful People:

Username0123

Canada CA

Originally posted by maupin

Originally posted by bob For every person who thinks toolbars are malware there's probably ten people who actually like them because they don't know like to use bookmarks or remember URLs.

Actually, I think for every person who thinks toolbars are malware there are probably ten people who have 15 toolbars installed in their browser, don't know how to get rid of them, and are wondering why their computer is slow and frequently prone to popups.

I haven't looked at the Mochi toolbar and I'm sure it isn't malware... still, toolbars in general are shady.

Ahaha so true maupin, most of those are from like freeware installs where it secretly asks you to install a toolbar when you accept terms and condition (which no one reads and there for they end up with a toolbar they never wanted) but mochi isn't doing that, that I know of. You go to the website and install it and you know you are installing it. You should be able to turn it off in your game though. Or at least get $ everytime someone installs it from your game.

• Thankful People:

Space

Denmark DK

Where do I find this mochi toolbar?

• Thankful People:

Back To The Forums