Community

To:
Subject:

Free game hosting upload broken?

gaby
Aug 30, 2007 (6 years 232 days ago)

United Kingdom GB
Trying to upload a new version of my game to the MochiAds free hosting, the form submission seems to take an awful long time and eventually just times out. Is everything ok there? I'm just bursting with new game features that I really want to get out!

Gaby
  • Thankful People:

Ryan
Aug 30, 2007 (6 years 232 days ago) edited 6 years 232 days ago

United States US
Just in case, are you uploading a single .swf or a multifile .zip? Whats the total size of the upload?
  • Thankful People:

gaby
Aug 30, 2007 (6 years 232 days ago) edited 6 years 232 days ago

United Kingdom GB
Just one .swf file, about 880kb. The last upload I did was a mutli-file .zip but I've managed to roll the two into one file so this update is just one .swf file.
  • Thankful People:

bob
Aug 30, 2007 (6 years 231 days ago)

United States US
I haven't been able to reproduce any problems with the upload system. I just uploaded a 9 MB file and it worked fine.
  • Thankful People:

gaby

United Kingdom GB
It's weird as I've uploaded new versions to Kongregate, Newgrounds and GameGum without problem, just uploading here seems to not work. I'd suggest trying again from an IP address outside of your network, just to see if it' something your end or mine. I'll try again in the morning, if it's something weird at my end hopefully it may have resolved itself by then.

Might I also suggest testing further by trying to upload a single file to replace a multi-file upload. That's the only thing I can think that is different in this situation.
  • Thankful People:

bob

United States US
It works fine outside of our network, as other people have uploaded games recently. I'm not sure what could be causing the problem for you... which browser are you using?

In the meantime, if you can point us at somewhere we can fetch the file we can go ahead and upload it for you.
  • Thankful People:

MD

I had a similar problem, I hit the button but nothing happened (my browser loading bar showed that it was trying, but it never progressed). However, when I tried again later it worked and I've uploaded a few updates since just fine.
  • Thankful People:

gaby
Aug 31, 2007 (6 years 231 days ago)

United Kingdom GB
Most curious. It worked first thing this morning, then somebody reported a bug so I built a new version. Now I can't upload that version, with exactly the same problem as described by md004. I have restarted FireFox which seems to make no difference, and the problem is exactly the same in Safari, it just waits and does nothing. I'll try a complete reboot of my machine, see if that helps.

In the meantime, I'll take you up on that kind offer of uploading my file for me. If you could upload this file I would be most grateful :)

Gaby
  • Thankful People:

bob
Aug 31, 2007 (6 years 231 days ago)

United States US
The file is uploaded. I think I've found the problem you're experiencing though, because it happened to me today. It seems there is some intermittent problem with SSL and Nginx. I expect that we should be able to track down a fix for this and get it taken care of today.
  • Thankful People:

gaby
Aug 31, 2007 (6 years 230 days ago)

United Kingdom GB
Brilliant, thanks. I'll save further updates for the next few days, give the problem a chance to get resolved.
  • Thankful People:
Back To The Forums