Community

To:
Subject:

Mochicoins and Free items

TaykronGames
Aug 23, 2010 (3 years 242 days ago) edited 3 years 242 days ago

Hi,

I one of my projects i want buy items with mochicoins.

But the idea is for "small" items use "free mochicoins" + the virtual currency in my game to save the item in the mochigames profile of each user.

Actually i see some game that you can buy free mochicoins items and other with 200,400,600 etc...

Imagine that in the game you get 40.000 points, in a course, battle, race,etc...

Is posible that for buy a free mochicoin item you need 12.000 Game Poins for example? Or 25.000 GamePOints and 200 MochiCoins ?

The idea is enable a free mochicoin item to buy only in the case you spend XXXXX Game Points.

Regards.

• Thankful People:

Rubens Works
Aug 23, 2010 (3 years 241 days ago)

Belgium BE

You could show specific items for when users have more than a certain amount of playerpoints and when the mochicoins item has been bought you can substract the playerpoints. You can show specific items with a certain tag instead of showing all items of the store.

• Thankful People:

Lysis

United Kingdom GB

You could just sell your in-game currency for MochiCoins.

• Thankful People:
  • wm

Jameson

United States US

As Lysis said, it's best to sell your in-game currency (secondary currency) for MochiCoins. That way you can let players earn currency for players willing to grind and buy currency for players wanting to play faster.

• Thankful People:

TaykronGames
Aug 23, 2010 (3 years 241 days ago) edited 3 years 241 days ago

Sorry guys but i not understad you (English is not my native language)

VCASH = Our Game Points
Virtual Currency = MochiCoins

But i think is more easy the Rubens way not? The items are disabled for click or something. And when the user get 40.000 points will have unlocked some free mochicoins items to buy.

• Thankful People:

Lil' Games
Aug 25, 2010 (3 years 239 days ago)

Canada CA

If what Lysis and Jameson are suggesting were possible, then a developer could write a Flash app that gave them a million Mochi Coins and they could then go on a spending spree.

• Thankful People:

Jameson
Aug 25, 2010 (3 years 239 days ago)

United States US

The idea is to have your own in-game currency that you can do whatever you want with. Then in your store you can sell your currency bundles in exchange for MochiCoins. You can't give away MochiCoins, but you can give away your own in-game currency. They are two separate currencies. Your in-game currency is a soft currency and MochiCoins is a hard currency.

I hope that makes sense.

• Thankful People:

sscheinert
Sep 16, 2010 (3 years 217 days ago)

The idea is to have your own in-game currency that you can do whatever you want with. Then in your store you can sell your currency bundles in exchange for MochiCoins.

Is it possible to give away free bonus 'GameCoins'? Like for 200 MochiCoins you get 1 GameCoin. But if the user buys the 2nd bundle he pays 2000 MochiCoins but gets 12 GameCoins (not 10). Do I have to setup different items for this and if yes, how do I get them connected? Like Item1: 'GameCoin', Item2: 'GameCoin x10 + 2'.

• Thankful People:

bob
Sep 16, 2010 (3 years 217 days ago) edited 3 years 217 days ago

United States US

You connect them by having your server or game code determine the number of game coins by the MochiCoins item id (or have that data already in the item properties).

• Thankful People:

sscheinert

Ah I see. So when he purchases item 2 'GameCoin x10 + 2' I simply increase item 1 'GameCoin' by 12 internally and the item 2 in the item store is just for showcasing the item?!

• Thankful People:

bob

United States US

Well, showcasing the item and extracting money from the user.

• Thankful People:
Back To The Forums