Community

To:
Subject:

New Game - Feedback Requested

Selectsoft Games
Oct 04, 2008 (5 years 199 days ago)

United States US
Hi!

Please have a go at the game http://www.cube-games.co.uk/castleclout.html and let me know what you think....:-)

Any comments on bugs or improvements are very welcome! :-)))

Thanks.
  • Thankful People:

Munsterkiler

France FR
nice, i like the idea,
but only one level, it's not fun enough lol
make more levels, and it'll be great
what are those orange rectangles?
  • Thankful People:

BadViking

United Kingdom GB
Yeah it's great in concept but has a very unfinished feel to it.
More levels (bonus level didn't seem to load for me)
Better graphics (I know this is always hard to hear but I would say that cartoonier graphics would seriously raise its fun level)
Orange blocks?
A change of font to something a bit more fun would be nice.
Clearer objectives (make a "balls left" stat and say how many points you need to progress).

All in all a good job on this but with a bit of work it could be a big hit.
  • Thankful People:

Selectsoft Games

United States US
Thanks for the comments........so, needs more work.

What do you mean by "Cartoonier Graphics"? Do you have any example games i can see so i can understand what you mean??

Any comments on what the other levels should have?? Different castles?? Same castle with different features/obsticals??

Yeah, the orange rectangles were added to make clear they are woth a different number of points to the walls, but i can alter how they look. :-)

I like the 'Balls Left' and 'Target Points for Next Level' idea, will be putting them into next update. :-))

Thanks.
  • Thankful People:

Munsterkiler

France FR
well, cartoon graphics are like, hard to explain, type cartoon on google, and look at the pictures, you'll see,
if you want to make more levels, then from my point of view, the aim of the game would be to destroy the king, and you have some number of balls you can launch to do that,
make some undestructible walls, and build some castels, on each levels, the king is more protected by undestructible walls, you have to aim some really specific things to destroy the castel, some obsticals would like stop you from shooting to much in the air, or to much near the ground,
so maybe, just have the king and some walls,
but if you don't do my destroy the king ides, and keep it with the scores like right now, it's going to be hard to count points, because one ball only is needed right now to desroy the whole castel
well, good luck^^
  • Thankful People:

Selectsoft Games

United States US
Ok, i am working on new levels, bug fixes, gameplay and graphics now.

Thanks for the advice. :-)
  • Thankful People:

AntifreezeDesign

United States US
Including agreement with the other comments above, I think you've got a great start.
--Love the physics
--Bug: Don't close the leaderboard, but play it again. Leaderboard will be behind the castle while you play!
--It's a little difficult to strategize at first, because I can't see what I'm throwing at.
--The layout of your castle made it often an all-or-nothing throw. I usually got 500pts or 0.
--Art: Feels like it needs a Saturday worth of really getting in there and designing your look. Go look at other games, books, ideas, and find something that inspires you. Make all the pieces have a unified feel. This in no way means you have to be literal. Do people really want a castle? Is that idea worn? Maybe it's candy bars and you're throwing candy. Could be anything fun, but right now the pieces and the set don't really match.
--Physics idea: Do the pieces have different masses? The bottom supports felt almost too lightweight, but I would've liked it if the orange pieces were featherweight and went flying.
--Concept is pretty easy, so I'd look at putting the instructions right on the main page, or from a button accessible to the game, like a lot of people probably do, I pressed Play before going back and reading instructions.
--I'd lose the "under development" disclaimer. It's like saying, "You might not like this, but I have an excuse note from my teacher." :)
--Your kerning it too wide on the last word of your title page. I forget what word.

Great start!
-Greg

• Thankful People:

NexoGames

Denmark DK
It's amazing!!!, make upgrades for the game, like a heavyer ball, ball size, shooting speed, bigger weight on box of the trebucket, longer wire, and stuff like that, and please display it unscaled, helps alot on graphics i think.
  • Thankful People:

styxtwo

Netherlands NL
there is a lot in this concept !

try to get the most out of it as you can !
  • Thankful People:

Cerin
Oct 04, 2008 (5 years 198 days ago)

I think it's great. The game play's very simple and easy to pick up, and the object of destroying the castle is very rewarding. You're making great use of basic physics simulation.

Suggestions:
* more levels/more complicated castles/more turns at destroying the same castle if you only partially got it the first time
* better graphics
  • Thankful People:

Sirbob

United States US
the stuff you knock down needs to be more complex stones.
  • Thankful People:

lovegame

China CN
it's very simple and intresting game.i like the game
  • Thankful People:
Back To The Forums