Community

To:
Subject:

newground groups

styxtwo
Aug 20, 2007 (6 years 245 days ago)

Netherlands NL
hey everyone , im kinda new to this so i don't know how everything works :P but i released a puzzle game a while ago and i was wondering what you have to do to get into the newground puzzle group (or any other group for that matter).
well i hope you can help me. =)

greets styxtwo
  • Thankful People:

newground groups

jlo
Aug 20, 2007 (6 years 244 days ago)

Hey Styxtwo,

Sunday was launch day for our first flash game on Newgrounds. It managed to get top 3 of the day, and was the top game of the day with a rating of 4.02/5 and an average review score of 9.0/10. This morning when I checked the site, the game managed to make it on the "Featured Games" section of the front page and was also included in the puzzles section. Additionally we had 2,496 views on our first day.

I think the combined page views and the high ratings are really what got us in the puzzles section. I didn't email anyone requesting it, I think they just note which games are successful/highly rated, and make a choice or it is some sort of automated system based on the above statistics.

I recommend emailing Tom Fulp. I am sure he gets tons of emails per day... but it is better than relying on my guesstimates of how things work there. :)

Hope this helps.
  • Thankful People:

newground groups

asvegren

E-mailing Tom Fulp will not do you any good.

This is on every page:
"Help this author!
>Recommend this for a collection"

Users will recommend your games for a collection on their own. Granted, the more views you get the more likely you are to have users that actively do this recommending. To get a higher rate, you can suggest a collection yourself and request that the users do it as well.
  • Thankful People:

newground groups

mr-money

Cool, so how much cash did you get for those views, because I've got games on NG with over 10k views.
  • Thankful People:

newground groups

jlo

Quoting: mr-moneyCool, so how much cash did you get for those views, because I've got games on NG with over 10k views.

Not a lot, yet. (about a buck) Time will be the guiding factor. But as you can see by the "post your game here" thread, the "blanket the earth" strategy seems to be as, or more, important than finding a few key sites and seeding them in terms of revenue.
  • Thankful People:
Back To The Forums