Community

To:
Subject:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

jacksmack
Aug 16, 2008 (5 years 245 days ago)

I keep seeing these games created by the studios of YouGame.com... I accidentaly clicked on one of them and I got a really big laugh from it.

Here is YouGame.com...

http://www.yougame.com/

Here is a demo site for a Game site script I was thinking about using for GirlsPlayFree.com

http://demo.arcadescript.com/index.php

there are some slight similarities... Well... actually the only thing that I see different is the logo at the top.

I found this funny personally. Not the fact that they are using a script but the fact they didn't even make an effort to change it at all.

Jacksmack.com is my baby and I have worked hard to make it a little different. Changing the background and layout of things a bit from the standard script template.

Apparently YouGame.com has more money than time if they can afford to sponsor all these games but can't get a unique site up before hand.

I'm sure they will blow JackSmack.com out of the water even though more care and effort went into my site. They have money to burn on sponsorships and I don't. It's kinda frustrating.
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

ciaren-c

United Kingdom GB
Oh God, Yougame is being discussed again. I mist admit, I thought your portal was in the top 100 of portals, It looks so professianal and clean.

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

jacksmack

Originally posted by ciaren-cOh God, Yougame is being discussed again. I mist admit, I thought your portal was in the top 100 of portals, It looks so professianal and clean.
I have worked pretty hard to make it that way. Though there is one thing that bugs me about it and it will take quite a while for me to fix.

I upped the size of the icons for the games and some of them are not sized properly so they get stretched and go pixelly... Really need to fix that but I don't have the time at the moment.
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

ripex

Norway NO
Haha, nice find :P
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

keithkonggames

United States US
Haha, don't change anything or create a logo that matches the layout :)
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

jacksmack

I just bought this script. If you follow the instructions on the ONE PAGE DOCUMENT that comes with it you would at least change the title of the site to your domain name and add meta tag info and the like... Boy they just got a voice actor or somethign and made a logo to put infront of games that is it.
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

robotJAM
Aug 16, 2008 (5 years 245 days ago) edited 5 years 245 days ago

United Kingdom GB
What I don't understand with all these games that yougame has bought how their alexa rank is so bad.
Its quite impressive with almost 100 games.
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

jacksmack

Originally posted by robotJAMWhat I don't understand with all these games that yougame has bought how their alexa rank is so bad.
Its quite impressive with almost 100 games.
59000 isn't to bad seeing as they didn't exist 3 months ago.
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

franklyn
Aug 16, 2008 (5 years 245 days ago) edited 5 years 245 days ago

Canada CA
heh its better than no rank :) , yes i like to flaunt my mediocrity =).
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

robotJAM

United Kingdom GB
Jack, thats only 50,000 higher than you and you've only released 4 games. I suspect you'll overtake them pretty soon.
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

notshi

United Kingdom GB
have you met the gamers?

you know this doesn't matter and they will win, right?

spam, it's the choice of a new generation.
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

gamebrew
Aug 16, 2008 (5 years 244 days ago)

United States US
Haha that's embarassing. They spend money on games and branding but nothing says "I don't care" like an unmodified website template :)
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

archbob
Aug 17, 2008 (5 years 244 days ago)

You game also said they've spent over 110k buying source codes to those crappy games that most portal won't even host because they are just ripped games.

Do you have any idea how much traffic it takes to make $110k? At flashninjaclan.com's current traffic rate, it'll take 5 years to make that much.

I don't see how they plan to turn that much of a profit and its drawn a bad reaction from the developer/portal community.
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

tek

Germany DE
The jingle at the beginning says: "Another game from the studios of yougames . com". But that is originally the jingle of freeonlinegames.com ...
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

jacksmack

well if they are buying source code they might be hiring a bunch of people in a sweatshop someplace to make more copies of the bad games and just flood the market to get hits.

I'm not to hot to trot on them that's for sure.
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

voidSkipper
Aug 17, 2008 (5 years 244 days ago) edited 5 years 244 days ago

Australia AU
Originally posted by tekThe jingle at the beginning says: "Another game from the studios of yougames . com". But that is originally the jingle of freeonlinegames.com ...
And it was annoying enough the first time. I can't see myself hosting games by either company.
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

jacksmack
Aug 17, 2008 (5 years 243 days ago)

OMG...

http://www.dailyfreegames.com/upload/puzzle-games/balloons-yougame-play.html

Simply... WOW... that is bad.

YouGame.com the sponsor with no standards.
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

inversecoma
Aug 17, 2008 (5 years 243 days ago)

United States US
This is full of fail.
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

HarrySimons
Aug 18, 2008 (5 years 243 days ago)

United Kingdom GB
Even the fav icon is the same :P
  • Thankful People:

OMG! YouGame.com ROTFL!

RyanCurtis
Aug 18, 2008 (5 years 243 days ago)

Canada CA
Originally posted by inversecomaThis is full of fail.
Agreed.
  • Thankful People:
Back To The Forums