Community

To:
Subject:

Pop Music Producer Trying To Get Feet Wet In Flash Game Industry

confuciuz
May 17, 2011 (2 years 341 days ago)

United States US

Hi Everyone,

I'm a pop music producer that's looking to move into the flash game market with my music. I don't mind working for credits or sharing profit (I don't make money unless you make money). The reason I am trying to enter this industry is that I absolutely love flash games and play them all the time. I've had several of my close friends tell me I should try composing for games. My only stipulation is that I must be interested in your game, either the concept or other motives.

My website is: http://confuciuz.com

Samples of my work: http://youtube.com/djconfuciuz

I've scored several games on the mobile platforms, the most recent one was Tiny Nightclub located on the I-Tunes App Store. But of course, my expertise lies in making catchy pop tunes. Anyway, if my talents are needed, feel free to contact me here or visiting my website and shooting me an e-mail.

Sincerely,

Steve

• Thankful People:

oscardog
May 17, 2011 (2 years 341 days ago)

United Kingdom GB

I think I prefer Ark Music. At least it has some singing in it.

It's not really anything earth shattering, unfortunately. Very generic, especially 'Someone stole my wallet'... That was just the same repetative 'tune' over and over.

You may do alright, who knows, flash game music is generally nothing special.

• Thankful People:

confuciuz
May 18, 2011 (2 years 340 days ago)

United States US

Thanks for your feedback! My music is mostly instrumentals for rappers and singers, the ones I posted are those that I didn't sell and just released for free (at least a majority of them). Usually they are meant to be repetitive, as the hip hop genre usually is based on progression of loops. After an artist shows interest, we usually do a sit down and talk about customization based on their song idea. Lyrics are the driving factor rather than my music, as the artist is the most important ingredient in the song.

But yeah, I'm trying to get into doing flash games soundtracks... I wouldn't say the music on flash games is nothing special, I've heard some pretty good soundtracks. I love game soundtracks, and they are based on loops as well! Especially if I have a time constraint of 30 seconds to compose a track for a 10 minute level. The loopability factor on those old retro games is amazing and shows complete mastery of motive based variations.

Anyway, once again, thanks again for the feedback. I'll work on being less bland for your tastes.

-Steve

• Thankful People:

eichwulf

Bulgaria BG

Originally posted by oscardog I think I prefer Ark Music. At least it has some singing in it.

It's not really anything earth shattering, unfortunately. Very generic, especially 'Someone stole my wallet'... That was just the same repetative 'tune' over and over.

You may do alright, who knows, flash game music is generally nothing special.

[1]: http://www.youtube.com/user/trizzy66

A nerdy Bieber :). It's not as good as their other artist:link dancin', dancin', dancin' (repeat x times)

nook

Sweden SE

Hey confuciuz.

Don't mind the pessimists. They don't understand the power of good music in games. I think you're doing right aiming for the flash game market. There's a big chance you'll reach more people that way than through traditional music channels.
Though game music is a completely different thing from pop music but you seem to be well aware of that.

Some things that could help:

• Create a game music portfolio with music samples suitable for games, and showcase the games you've scored
  • Make direct contact with game developers you'd like to collaborate with
  • Spread the word

confuciuz
May 19, 2011 (2 years 340 days ago)

United States US

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

• Thankful People:
Back To The Forums