Community

To:
Subject:

Share your Shared Statistics!

thewaste
Sep 01, 2007 (6 years 231 days ago)

Hi everyone

Just wondering, is it secure to let people see your (MochiBot) shared statistics? Is there anything incriminating (other than market research) that anyone can do with this information?

If it's alright, does anyone want to share their statistics with the rest of us Mochifans?

Just before anyone complains about this being an excuse for everyone to show off how big their e-peni... umm... 'internet ego' is, I'd like to keep this topic as 'brag-free' as possible. I think it would be a great experience to see what games other MochiAds/MochiBot users have made, how popular they have become, what sites they are most popular on, and as an excuse to meet-and-greet some of our favourite fellow Flash developers.
  • Thankful People:

thewaste
Sep 01, 2007 (6 years 231 days ago) edited 6 years 231 days ago

If you don't feel comfortable posting the URL to your shared stats for any reason, or do not feel legally obliged to, please simply post the names of the games you have made, and any other information you feel comfortable sharing with the rest of us.

I would post the URL's to my game's shared stats, but the MochiBot account is owned by GameGecko.com, and I have not as yet asked for permission to allow public viewing of the statistics. However I'm sure that I am allowed to share a summary of the details.

BotArena2 (Contracted to GameGecko.com)
331 DIW, 7.4Mil views, 1235 total hosts, 232 current hosts

BotArena3 (Contracted to GameGecko.com)
209 DIW, 5.3Mil views, 1157 total hosts, 154 current hosts

What I find interesting is that although BotArena3 is more advanced than BotArena2, and scored higher on Newgrounds, it seems that BotArena2 is currently hosted on more sites, which would seem to suggest that it is more publicly enjoyed than BotArena3. Strange.

edit: DIW = Days In Wild
  • Thankful People:

robotJAM
Sep 01, 2007 (6 years 231 days ago)

United Kingdom GB
newgrounds scores mean zip in my opinion. I actually think some of the reviews are hilarious they are so stupid.
  • Thankful People:

Jol
Sep 01, 2007 (6 years 230 days ago)

United States US
Actually thewaste, there is already a thread on this, and you are allowed to put up your stats.

https://www.mochiads.com/forum-pub/comments.php?DiscussionID=178&page=1#Item_43
  • Thankful People:

thewaste
Sep 01, 2007 (6 years 230 days ago)

Hi RJ

Agreed. I've witnessed just how subjective the Newgrounds scoring system is, many, many times. I was only using it as a quick example to demonstrate that the sequel was indeed better than the original.

Consider the game 'indestructotank'. I don't mean to insult the author here... far from it in fact. If the author of that game is reading this right now, I'd like to congratulate you on showing everyone in the world just how horrible and subjective the Newgrounds scoring system is by getting the number one position in the top 50 for a short period of time, compared to (in my opinion) more well designed and addictive games like 'The Last Stand', 'NG Rumble', 'Alien Hominid', and the hundreds of other superior games.

You have achieved massive fame for dipping into that enigma that makes a game hugely popular other than using the conventional means, such as hard work for example. :P

(oooh. controversy ;)
(by the way, just to re-interate: it's a great game, it's horribly addictive, but I just don't think it holds a candle to many of the other greats out there, even though the game scores much higher...)

Hi Jol.
I did actually see that one, but the topic is not really based on sharing statistics. Granted that it does however let game developers meet each other however.
  • Thankful People:
Back To The Forums