Community

To:
Subject:

ShowTimedAd errors?

simianlogic
Aug 20, 2007 (6 years 248 days ago)

United States US
I've got everything working okay, except for one weird little bug. I'm using showTimedAd between rounds, and it fails every time on the second call. Subsequent calls seem to work just fine, but for some reason the second one is wonky. Anyone else get anything like this?

The error is during the unload function -- is there something that would cause the load to fail? Maybe a minimum amount of time between calls to the ad server?
  • Thankful People:

ShowTimedAd errors?

badim
Aug 21, 2007 (6 years 248 days ago) edited 6 years 248 days ago

Russian Federation RU
yes. I have this problem also, but it`s restriction from mochi_ad_server - 1 ad per 2 minutes.
so, then I have used setInterval, and clearInterval mochi_ad_after_show_function. with that - i`m sure that mochiads will be called after_ad_function.

ShowTimedAd errors?

simianlogic
Aug 21, 2007 (6 years 248 days ago)

United States US
Ah, great. If they play a quick round, I'll just skip the ads then.

Thanks!
  • Thankful People:

ShowTimedAd errors?

simianlogic
Aug 22, 2007 (6 years 246 days ago)

United States US
Another thought: how hard would it be to just throw in a Traffic-share ad if another ad is requested too soon? From a user-experience POV, I'd rather make it consistent every time... (though I doubt any of them would complain if the ad got skipped)

or would that screw with the eCPM?
  • Thankful People:

ShowTimedAd errors?

bob
Aug 22, 2007 (6 years 246 days ago)

United States US
We implemented the time based frequency cap because game players were complaining, which is bad for everyone. We don't think it's appropriate to show this kind of ad more often than once every few minutes regardless of what the ad is.

eCPM is just a calculation based on revenue divided by ad impressions. Showing more ads that don't have any revenue associated with them would make your eCPM lower because it'd be divided by a larger number of ad impressions, but it doesn't really mean anything beyond that. Technically we currently use *attempted* ad impressions as the number we calculate everything on, so a skipped or domain filtered ad will still register as an ad impression on your dashboard. If we change that number to actual ad impressions then the number of ad impressions will be smaller and the eCPMs will be higher, but your revenue wouldn't be any different.
  • Thankful People:
Back To The Forums